Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shoe Mat

Hello again! I have been crafting and organizing my apartment after my roommate moved out this past week but now I am motivated to start posting a lot more on my blog. Yesterday I sat down and from start to finish made a small mat with stones covering it. I have seen them made before as spa mats but I had another plan for mine. I am not sure if I have ever mentioned before that I live in a small apartment. Small. I mean 700 square feet kind of small and when you have an apartment that small you don't generally have a lot of extra space for things like closets and places to put your shoes. So, I made my spa mat to sit under the bench at the top of my stairs to set my shoes on so my carpet stays clean.


To make this I bought a place mat and bags of stones at Walmart. I simply glued down each stone with hot glue and then put a coat or polycrylic on top so the whole thing was shiny. I think it turned out pretty cool. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment